We are currently hiring for the following positions:
1.Full Time Veterinary Associates
We are looking to hire a full time Small Animal Veterinarian to join our long-term staff at Andrews Veterinary Hospital . Here, it’s all about culture! We believe in the crazy idea that you CAN ENJOY coming to work, and enjoy working with those around you. We work as a team, strive to bring out the best in each other, and we take care of our people! We are a 2 doctor practice with a tenured and hard working support staff. We are well equipped with all the staff and tools you will need to provide excellent veterinary care to your patients.
Our Full Service Facility Includes:
· A Spacious Entry Area
· Boarding Facilities for Companion Animals
· Laboratory for On-Site Sample Analysis
· Multiple Exam Rooms and Outside Play Area
· State of the Art Surgical Center · Treatment Room
· Digital X-Ray · Digital Dental X-Ray
· 3:1 Tech to DVM ratio (6:1 counting other support staff)
· 30-45 minute appointments
· Referral Emergency Hospital Nearby = no on call/overnight emergencies
We are proud to offer Competitive Salary + Production + Owner ship Equity.
Additional benefits include: Health insurance stipend, 100 hours PTO, $1500 annual CE Allowance + CE PTO, License fees, and your own spacious office! Fantastic benefits like, professional attire allowance, aggressive staff discount, and all sorts of fun events like Ball Games, Cook Outs, Spa Days, etc. Work Life Balance with manageable schedule of 32-40 hours per week.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Licensure in good standing in the state of North Carolina (or willingness to get licensed ASAP- AVH will be willing to cover licensing fees with employment contract).
· Confident new Graduates encouraged to apply
· Proficiency in medicine, preventive care. General surgery, general dentistry is preferred, but not required
· A strong communicator who believes in client education and high-touch client care
· A dedicated veterinarian who takes pride in their work· An ethical person who possesses positive emotional intelligence skills
· Manages times and tasks appropriately
· Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
· Interested in making AVH home – ownership potential available if appealing
What We Offer:
· An inclusive and relaxed (yet fast paced) culture offering high-quality, high touch medicine
· Devoted client base that is growing! · An eclectic and engaged team dedicated to growth & development · Modern equipment (digital radiography & dental radiography, in-house laboratory stations, full anesthesia monitoring systems, ultrasound, dedicated anesthesia nurses.
· An Incredible benefits package including paid vacation and holidays
· PTO effective after 90 days
· Generous CE allowance
· Simple IRA with company match
· A well managed hospital that is focused on the staff’s well being as well as the patients’
· Focus on work-life balance for the whole team
Andrews Veterinary Hospital is a top notch modern AAHA accredited and Fear Free veterinary hospital that is nestled between the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains and the Nantahala National Forest. AVH is a well known and respected community staple that strives to create a lifetime bond with our clients and our reputation has grown to where it is not uncommon for our clients to travel in excess of 30 miles to reach our clinic. While this area was once a hidden gem of a spot, word has gotten out and more and more people are choosing to call this quiet and friendly mountain region home, increasing the need for a high quality veterinary care in the community.
As a relief veterinarian you will have the benefits of having fun while working hard. Experience the joys of working in a laid back, peaceful vacation town that caters to outdoor enthusiasts Because we will be providing a furnished living space all you have to worry about is coming to work and having fun in your off time
At Andrews Veterinary Hospital you will be joining our friendly, experienced, and welcoming team. In addition to your competitive salary, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
· FREE Housing (with a minimum of 1 month relief commitment)- save money and the stress of finding a place to stay- a furnished living space will be provided. The mountains of Western Carolina are an outdoor lover’s paradise and a premier vacation hotspot
· Flexibility: Flexible schedule with rotating long weekends off which will allow ample time to get out and enjoy nature and all the wonderful outdoors activities our area offers (including: The Appalachian Trail, world class trout fishing, mountain biking, white water rafting/kayaking, camping, etc)
· Work/Life Balance- No on-call hours, 35 hours/week (4-4.5 days per week), rotating long weekends (Saturday shifts are negotiable)
· 3:1 DVM to technician ratio – additional support staff of two customer service representatives and a dedicated kennel worker
· Facility – Full in-house lab, digital radiography, dental radiography, ultrasound, surgical and dental suites
· Location: Experience the best of both worlds- Andrews, NC is a small peaceful mountain town with virtually zero traffic but is within 2 hours to 4 major metropolitan areas- Asheville, Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Atlanta)
· Team Environment- Company events, trips, outings, etc· Growth/Leadership Potential- long term relief opportunities, permanent employment, and ownership potential is available for the right candidate
· Must be licensed DVM to practice in the state, or able to obtain license ASAP
· Ready to work and play hard with a team that does the same!
Want to learn more about our amazing community and the wonderful lifestyle that our area offers? You will soon see why this area is often referred to as a “slice of paradise” and “heaven on earth”…click here to learn more….